Protective Factors: A Foundation for Strong Families
Children are more likely to thrive when their families have the support they need. By focusing on the five universal family strengths identified in the Strengthening Families Protective Factors Framework, parents can increase family strengths and enhance child development.
Protective Factors: A Foundation for Strong Families is an introduction to the Strengthening Families framework, a research-informed approach engaging families and communities in building five key Protective Factors:
- Parental resilience
- Social connections
- Knowledge of parenting and child development
- Concrete support in times of need
- Social and emotional competence of children
Our two-day workshop will present:
- Background information on the Strengthening Families Protective Factors approach
- Introduction of the protective factors framework
- Strength-based work with families
- Strengthening Families Protective Factors Framework Self-Assessment
Registration Deadline: Class registration will close 24 hours before the beginning of the course. If you have any questions about joining the class after registration has closed, please contact Trinell Meyer, contact information below.