CPI specializes in treatment of child abuse and trauma. We provide children’s counseling services funded by Medi-Cal and the California Office of Emergency Services (our CHAT - Child Abuse Treatment - Program) to serve child and adolescent victims of abuse and trauma. Our multidisciplinary staff is committed to using effective, evidence-based and clinically informed treatments, such as Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) and Seeking Safety. These treatment models have proven successful in helping children and parents learn new skills in responding to traumatic life events, improve family communication, manage behavior problems, and decrease risk for future harm.
Your child or adolescent may qualify for CHAT funded services if they are victims of:
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse or exploitation
- Emotional abuse
- Domestic or family violence (including high conflict divorce)
- Child endangerment (including parental substance abuse)
- Child abduction
- School and community violence (including bullying)
- Community hate crimes and acts of terrorism
To learn more about CHAT services or to schedule an appointment, please call our Navigator at (707) 284-1500.